Texas Government Code sets out the eligible customers who can purchase technology products/services through the Cooperative Contracts Program. They include:
- Texas State Agencies, as defined by Texas Government Code, Section 2054.003 (13)
- Units of Local Government, as defined by Texas Government Code, Section 2054.003 (9)
- Public school districts
- Special Purpose Districts
- Institutions of Higher Education, as defined by Texas Education Code, Section 61.003
- Assistance Organizations, as defined by Texas Government Code, 2175.001
DIR utilizes the eligibility for Assistance Organizations as determined by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts or the Texas Facility Commission (TFC). For information on establishing eligibility, please refer to the Comptroller's CO-OP purchasing program guidelines or to the TFC program eligibility page.
- Public entities outside Texas, as defined by Texas Government Code, Section 2054.0565
View Resources for Customers Outside Texas for more information on procuring technology through DIR.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
If you are interested in purchasing communications technology services through the TEX-AN contract of the Communications Technology Services (CTS) division of DIR, please visit TEX-AN Eligibility Requirements