Article I – Mission
The mission of the Mid-Sized Agency Coordinating Council is to promote communication and education on issues affecting member agencies.
Article II – Membership
Eligibility criteria for agency membership in the Council shall be based on the number of full-time equivalent staff positions in each agency.
The agencies who are members of the Council shall be all agencies who have at least 100 but no more than 799 full time equivalent staff positions.
Membership on the Council is automatic for each agency meeting the membership criteria; however, agency participation is voluntary on the part of each agency.
Article III – Representation
Member agencies of the Council shall be represented at meetings or other activities of the Council by an employee of an agency who is in a management role and/or is knowledgeable of and can speak for agency management on such issues as budget, finance, human resources, and information technology. Different employees of an agency may participate at different times as long as they meet this criteria.
Article IV – Officers and Committees
Officers of the Council shall be: Chair; Vice Chair; and Secretary.
Officers shall be elected by the membership present at a Regular Meeting not later than September of each year and shall serve a one year term.
At the end of the Chair and Vice-Chair, the sitting Vice-Chair shall automatically succeed to the office of chair and shall serve a full term as Chair. Notwithstanding this provision, the offices of Vice-Chair and Secretary shall be filled from among the general membership as provided in Article IV.2 above.
Duties of the Officers shall be:
- The Chair: sets meeting agenda in consultation with Vice-Chair; presides at meetings; and appoints committees as needed.
- The Vice-Chair: serves as Program Chair by identifying issues to be brought before the Council; and, invites speakers to Council meetings in consultation with the Chair.
- The Secretary: keeps minutes of meetings and other records of significant activities of the Council; and, maintains a list of member agencies, the number of full-time equivalent staff positions at each agency, and a roster of agency representatives and their addresses.
Vacancies in officer positions shall be filled in the following manner.
- A vacancy in the office of Chair shall be filled automatically by the sitting Vice-Chair.
- A vacancy in other offices shall be filled at the next Regular meeting of the Council and the newly-elected officer(s) shall serve for the balance of the original term of the office.
- There shall be no permanent Committees of the Council. Establishment of and appointments to Committees shall be at the discretion of the Chair in consultation with the Vice-Chair.
Article V – Meetings
Regular Meetings shall be held at a time and place selected by the membership.
Special Meetings may be called by the Chair in consultation with the Vice-Chair.
Conduct of Council Business:
- Official Business of the Council shall occur at a meeting with due notice and shall be conducted with a simple quorum of member agencies presents.
- To the maximum extent possible and practical, deliberations and decisions of the Council, including those of committees, shall be developed on a consensus basis among the members present.
Article VI – Distribution of the Bylaws
A copy of these Bylaws shall be distributed to the Agency Head of each member agency, as well as to the Governor's Budget and Planning Office, Legislative Budget Board, State Auditor's Office, Comptroller's Office, General Services Commission, Lieutenant Governor's Office, and the Office of the Speaker.