State Agency Coordinating Committee (SACC) - Training and Development Subcommittee
The Training and Development Subcommittee of the State Agency Coordinating Committee (SACC) is charged with:
- providing SACC with input on issues that affect state agency training and development
- addressing the common training needs of SACC member agencies as well as smaller state agencies in Texas
- reducing duplication of effort and expense in providing training to state agency staff throughout Texas
The mission of the Training and Development Subcommittee is to create training and development opportunities for all state employees resulting in quality programs that are cost effective for the State of Texas. The subcommittee seeks to realize this mission through:
- collaborative sharing of resources
- improving practices
- creating alliances
- advocating training and development’s role within state government
To this end, the Training and Development Subcommittee is the central focal point for sharing information and resources as well as developing partnerships for providing training at a minimal cost to state agency staff.
Products and Resources
The Chief Executive Officer of each agency/university appoints a designated representative, such as the Director of Training, to serve on the Training and Development Subcommittee.
Participation in the subcommittee is not limited to SACC agencies. All agencies are encouraged to participate. Agencies housing multiple training units are welcome to send additional representatives.
Please contact the current Chairperson with questions:
Texas Workforce Commission